- “My Grandmother, the Undocumented Immigrant”
Creative non-fiction piece combining memoir and travel writing in Tablet Magazine.
- “Guiltless Pleasures” (PDF)
Short story about the food entrainment business and the search for meaning, in Crazyhorse.
- “On Jacob Dinezon’s Memories and Scenes”
Literary essay about why some writers make it in translation and others don’t, in Tin House.
- “Edward Albee Was My Mailman”
Literary tribute and personal remembrance of the master playwright in The Millions.
- Review of Garth Greenwell’s novel What Belongs to You in The New York Times Book Review
- “How Food Writing Fed My Fiction”
Literary and personal essay on the unexpected connection of food writing and literary fiction in Poets & Writers